- (Attempt to) find a position on the curve at a signed distance from start fraction.
- Return the position as a CurveLocationDetail.
- In the
fraction= coordinates of the point
a= (signed!) distance moved. If
allowExtensionis false and the move reached the start or end of the curve, this distance is smaller than the requested signedDistance.
curveSearchStatusindicates one of:
error(unusual) computation failed not supported for this curve.
successfull movement completed
stoppedAtBoundarypartial movement completed. This can be due to either
allowExtensionparameter sent as
- the curve type (e.g. bspline) does not support extended range.
allowExtensionis true, movement may still end at the startPoint or end point for curves that do not support extended geometry (specifically bsplines)
- if the curve returns a value (i.e. not
curve.getFractionToDistanceScale(), the base class carries out the computation and returns a final location.
- LineSegment3d relies on this.
- If the curve does not implement the computation or the curve has zero length, the returned
fraction= the value of
point= result of
|startFraction||number||fractional position where the move starts|
|signedDistance||number||distance to move. Negative distance is backwards in the fraction space|
|allowExtension||boolean||if true, all the move to go beyond the startPoint or endpoint of the curve. If false, do not allow movement beyond the startPoint or endpoint|
Returns - A CurveLocationDetail annotated as above. Note that if the curve does not support the calculation, there is still a result which contains the point at the input startFraction, with failure indicated in the
Last Updated: 20 September, 2019