Getting Started With iModel.js
Writing an iModel.js application requires the following software:
- Node.js (latest 8.x LTS version)
- The installation also includes the
npmcommand line tool.
- Google Chrome
- This is the source code control system for the iModel.js repositories.
Note: Samples must be registered, and require a sample Project/iModel. See Developer Registration
The following samples showcase the iModel.js API in action:
- Simple Viewer App
- Embed an iModel.js viewport into your application to display graphical data.
- Browse iModel catalog and view element properties.
- iModel Query Agent
- Listen to changes made to an iModel on the iModelHub.
- Construct a 'Change Summary' of useful information.
The following tools are very helpful and highly suggested for working with iModel.js:
- Visual Studio Code
- This is the recommended editor and debugger for iModel.js applications.
- VS Code also supplies a graphical user interface for working with Git.
- The following VS Code extensions can also be quite helpful:
- Node Package Manager (npm)
Please see the Community Resources page for the best places to get more help.
Last Updated: 06 December, 2018